My Parents- 2nd tribute-- I still dream of our old home

I still dream of our old home
the one that you both started your life together
the one that is etched in my life too
Framing the good old memories of laughters
Pinning up cards to decorate the walls togehter
Listening to chorus of radio that soothed us to sleep
Inviting the guests for numerous lunch and dinners
The fun of cramming together to fit in stay on vacations
Reminiscing Dad, when you first scolded me about forgetting my newspaper assignment
But the next day taking leave from work to complete it for me!
The silly tantrum that I threw made you mad at me Mom,
Yet you feasted me till I could feel my stomach explode and brought the purple fancy pencilbox I wanted
The epic drama we had with you Dad when you took charge to shoo the stubborn rat
Or Mama when you comforted us when we felt low
Especially when I was bed ridden
Both of you never complained or showed your pain
Always exhibited the liveliness and contentment
That helped me overcome my grief and fears
Even now, I marvel about your love and patience
Your undivided faith that's unshaken battling all odds
The simplicity that you both follow
And have instilled the values we are proud of
I thank the Almighty for the most wonderful people in my life- you my Parents.

Copyright ©2015 by Elvira Lobo- Its My Life

Disclaimer: The image(s) in the post are taken from Google. I don't claim any of its rights.



Labels: , , , ,