Irked

I longed for you,
setting aside my life
dreaming about our future together
your words were my solace
accepting everything under the sun
willing to change and adjust to uncertainties
without any  prejudices or complains
I was ready to walk on unknown path
resting my complete faith in you.
But, what a mockery you made
of our so called relation
the one that boasted to the rooftops
about humility and maturity
about being modern and upright
dropped down the mask off his face
when situations decided to take a test
you suddenly changed to easy favoured side
lamenting old orthodox beliefs
scathing me indirectly
and projecting you a scapegoat of events
I know I am no perfect
life has been both good and bad
But, I never lost hope to break the shields
or walk ahead or be ashamed of any shortcomings
Your wrath made me angry, dejected and hurt
that shook my faith in life and its doings
But, I am bold enough and not foolish like you
to walk away midway or breeze past like an dry storm
I am really thankful for that !!!

Copyright ©2015 by Elvira Lobo- Its My Life

Disclaimer: The image(s) in the post are taken from Google. I don't claim any of its rights.



Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,