Our Unrequited Love

My heart did a little jig the first time I met you
Simmering the memories of  sips of tea  we shared 
Everyday, the funny silence and your coyiness added a reason to many moments of laughter
A telepathic bond that detached us to our own world

But somewhere, somehow we fell prey to situations, adhering to norms of life
Turning materialistic like others and fear of losing each other created an invisible but very apparent barrier between us
We sealed our deep friendship but kept it untouched from the desire to name it Love
I know it pricks us enough for us to wish to tweak that chapter in our life

I still get the goosebumps everytime I remember your farewell sentence
You didn't say so much in words but I understood what it meant
I pacified myself reasoning out and reciprocated with a uneasy grin
Neither you nor I for a moment considered to listen to our inner voice
That really craved, crazed and belonged to each other

I still glimpse about your intimidating eyes  transfixed on mine
Your wavering voice that controlled our sentiments to some extent
That farewell, that pulled down the curtains of true feelings
An embrace that bolted off  our feet for those  few seconds

I realized that sometimes, somethings have to be told or done without any waiting
And avoid the calculative mind and listen to the voice of our heart
My love, I proudly proclaim, I  love you very much and  to you I belong
No need to be hesitant anymore for you know too what you deeply desire
And that I am hope, the next time we meet we will cement our relationship with an amorous kiss.

Copyright ©2015 by Elvira Lobo- Its My Life
Disclaimer: The image(s) in the post are taken from Google. I don't claim any of its rights.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,