Wounded

I have a little hope that things will change,
The past is over, the future stands behind a veil.
I am trembling with caution to take a step forth,
With pure emptiness in my heart, carrying the burden of my pains.

I've heard that ripples in water make beautiful designs, 
But my splash of fear is an obstacle to my present. 
Like a wounded Phoenix, I cringe to rise from my ashes,
Faraway in a cocoon of my thoughts, I patiently watch  the battle of my strengths.


Time heals all wounds; No, it's not so for me, 
I am fighting it every moment,probably would conquer it someday. 
Though currently,I am  treading on thorns, scarred by sharp known and unknown weapons; wailing in pain,
Just wistful  that  I would soon welcome a bright rainbow in my life.

Copyright ©2014 by Elvira Lobo- Its My Life
Disclaimer: The image(s) in the post are taken from Google. I don't claim any of its rights.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,