SECRET SHELF




I sit amongst the heap of books in the corner of the shelf, immersed
in the secret work to find out clues before it turns twelve.
Each page brings a strange news as I flip it to and fro,nervously
rubbing my chin and tensed brow.

The lights are dim and low to keep away the unknown, and save myself

from the lone(area).
Suddenly,I hear a creepy sound making me jump, the jittery thoughts
gives me nervous goosebumps.
Assuring Ain't anyone except me, I convince with jest;then I move
around to find a shadow on a page on the left.
I shriek at the dark shadow and reach out to hit , just then I feel
curious pain which pushes me off in just a minute.
Ouch, I cry in desperation and disgust, only to find myself down near my bed.
Unbelievable!!!, I get up and run to that house to find out the
truth, secretly reaching the room to find it empty without the old
shelf or any book.
What is this mystery about, a prank, a revenge or a plan to avoid any
search, I ponder on this during my return.
Strangely, I sense pain which refuses to calm,and there that shadow
has left behind a evil dark mark on my arm!!!

Published internationally in the book "Hiding in the Shadows" by Barry Mowles.

Copyright ©2012 by Elvira Lobo- Its My Life
(All rights reserved; unauthorized use prohibited)


Disclaimer: The image(s) in the post are taken from Google. I don't claim any of its rights.

Labels: , , ,