Followers

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Reading Nightmares


I set the alarm to be up on time,

else will be late and have to pay a fine.

But the night seems so long with noises in my head shouting,

“Why I am in this mess???”…..my innocent questions mounting.

I am scared to tell Mommy or Daddy,

probably even they will not understand my state of misery.

Everyone at school is so naughty and cheerful,

but I stand to gain is only a piece of earful.

For I cannot even read a poem in the class correctly,

I stammer and speak with real difficulty.

My only friend Harry also laughs and mimics me,

ridiculing me in front of everybody.

So, here I stand in front of the mirror,

struggling to read a line in between my tears.

I really don’t want to go to school,making myself clear,

they will shame me again is my most dreaded fear.

But am I not a smart and good painter, they say!!!,

then why for my unfortunate vocab is this huge price I pay???

Tomorrow is the Reading Session at school,

where all have to recite aloud as per the rule,

I know I will teased and am already sleeping in fright,

Please God, I trust in thee, only you can make the things alright!!!

A Poem On Stop Bullying Awareness- Published Internationally in the book "Sticks & Stones" by Barry Mowles, Destiny to Write Publication.

Copyright ©2012 by Elvira Lobo- Its My Life
(All rights reserved; unauthorized use prohibited)

Disclaimer: The image(s) in the post are taken from Google. I don't claim any of its rights.


2 comments:

  1. Hello.
    Children can be so cruel, especially if you're "different" in any way. It makes me sad that this child obviously has special needs & his parents don't even know. (S)he should not have to deal with this speech impediment alone. Regular reading lessons at home with the parents would help, if they took the time.
    Poignant writing, Elvira.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Note my blog address has changed. please make sure you update your bookmarks: Thoughts Of Beauty In The Stillness Of Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liked to read ur share of thoughts on the same Andy, though this is an imaginary poem, der are many cases/ examples of such children exist around us...dats what i wanted to convey,Bullying or ignorance for a child can sometimes scar his confidence or entire childhood...n especially if the child has special needs...all he needs is care and love from others!!!

    Thanx again for appreciating this poem:)

    ReplyDelete

@ ITS MY LIFE...it really matters :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...